The Packing Rat reader submitted photos and stories demonstrating we’re all “packing rats” of guns, gear and grub. What are you packing today? Show us in a photo or article, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to try something new?
If you have never shot a firearm and would like the chance to do so in the Sacramento, CA area - feel free to contact me and we can arrange something.
Not new? Contact me to go shooting!
The Four Rules of Firearm Safety
Rule One -
All guns are always loaded.
Rule Two -
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Three -
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
Rule Four -
Be sure of your target. Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot anything you have not positively identified.
*Follow all four rules at all times and accidents will never happen.
- Winchester 69 – .22 LR Bolt Action October 6, 2007
- U.S. Survival Rifle – Henry Repeating Arms April 6, 2007
- Springfield M6 Scout – An Overview April 17, 2008
- Ruger Mark III 22/45 – A Pistol Review August 10, 2007
- US Survival From Henry Repeating Arms – Follow Up and Disassembly September 14, 2007
- Les Baer TRS – The Review May 27, 2007
- A Good Day April 6, 2008
- Scoping the Henry US Survival Rifle – Part 2 January 17, 2008
- Colt Peacemaker Buntline 7 1/2″ August 22, 2007
- SHOT Show 2010 – Opening Day January 19, 2010
- Ares Defense SCR – A California Featureless Rifle April 24, 2016
- Blue Force Gear Belt Pouches August 30, 2015
- Covert Entry Concepts – Triple Aught Design’s CORE Program August 20, 2015
- A Look at the Cloak Tuck 2.0 from Alien Gear Holsters March 16, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 – Overall January 25, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 Coverage January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show Every Year January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show Industry Day 2015 January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 Preparation January 13, 2015
- Tools at the Ready January 10, 2015
- Vitaly Pedchenko: Magpul stock and forend became the most popular upgrades for the 870 after the release. So Magpul did it again…
- How To Disassemble A Ruger 22/45 Mark Iii | Information: […] Ruger Mark III 22/45 – A Pistol Review | The Packing Rat – I have a 22/45 Mark III…
- Hank: Jeffery, what capacity are the 3 clips and how muchfor the gun and clips?
- Jeffrey Tover: I own a Winchester model 69 I would sell.In Great condition,with three magazines.
- Derek: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/629868/burris-1-deluxe-rings-22-rimfire-steel Burris Deluxe Rings
- Abe: Hi - what rings or attachment hardware have you used for the BSA scope? I'm trying to do the…
- Matt: Are you making anymore m6 carry bags?
- David Wagner: I have a model 69. What is the thread for the stock nut and screw? 12-35? If…
- Derek: Hi, Jim. We are not a distributor or dealer. You may contact Coonan with the information from…
- Jim Rector: Next step please