Building a chicken coop.

Aside stepping away from TPR and maintaining employment, I kept busy working on little projects. Among them was a chicken coop I’ve been meaning to build.  After reviewing other plans, I drafted my plan in SketchUp2013 and built it from January through April on the weekends – time permitting.  Most of the wood used was second hand treated wood to keep the cost down.  I rigged a gravity waterer with a 5 gallon bucket, PVC, and poultry nipples purchased from Amazon.  The galvanized feeder was also picked up from Amazon.

The total footprint is 80 sq. ft. with shingles and paint to match the house.  It’s a good thing /MarthaStewart.

I ended up with two Ameraucanas, four Buff Orpingtons, and two silkies.

They’re about 16 weeks old right now.  I hope to get fresh eggs in a month or so.

chickens29  chickens00 chickens01 chickens02 chickens04 chickens03 chickens05 chickens06 chickens08 chickens07 chickens09 chickens12 chickens10  chickens26  chickens13 chickens15 chickens17 chickens18chickens20chickens66chickens64chickens70

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: Just Me

Subscribe!

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Tools at the Ready | The Packing Rat - January 10, 2015

    […] tool belt made a world of a difference when I worked on Project: Cooped Up.  Having the tools accessible as I moved around not only made the work more efficient, but more […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: