CLEAN ALL THE GUNS!

I used to enjoy cleaning my firearms, but then a took an arrow to the knee.

Don’t shoot me in the knee; I know this/that meme is old (Internet time).

If you’re a new gun owner, or have few firearms, cleaning firearms post range-time isn’t an issue. For some, it’s an enjoyable experience.

Then there are others, like myself, who would rather put it off per our “quarterly” maintenance with few exceptions.

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Firearms, Funny, Guns, Just Me

6 Comments on “CLEAN ALL THE GUNS!”

1. April 8, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

For me, it’s annual. But for Boomershoot they’d never be cleaned.

I know this because the ones I don’t shoot at Boomershoot are only clean if I’ve never shot them.

I suppose that’s the benefit of living in a climate with low humidity.

• April 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

Sometimes, I forget you have guns to clean. :p

2. Mike Cecil
    April 9, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

At times I like cleaning them. I think if I hand more time I would enjoy cleaning them all the time.

Mike CST

3. 18echo
    April 10, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Sitting back cleaning the guns with a couple of friends and a cold beverage after a day at the range. Garage door open, tables out, smell of hoppe’s in the air..

What’s not to like?

4. John
    May 16, 2012 at 10:13 am #

The curse of being borderline OCD is that I keep my firearms spotless. The problem is it takes me more than an hour to clean a Glock or 1911. I feel the absolute necessity to detail strip and REALLY clean them after merely one range visit. This helps in the sub-tropical climate I live in, but it makes me dread shooting because all night is spent cleaning guns. Therefore, I’ve enjoyed revolvers more lately.

• May 16, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Yeah. The OCD is a time-sucker. Sounds like you have it way worse than I do. Good luck!