How Not To Post a Concealed Carry Video

tactical teddy, tacticool, mall cop, mall ninja, glock 30, ccw

I sincerely hope this gentleman does not have to chase the "threat."

This video is very disappointing.

A concealed carry badge? Really?

Maybe  Mr. CCW America can wear this sash instead.

I’ll limit my non-constructive criticism to that. I must, however, emphasize that carrying a firearm is not a privilege, it’s a right.

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Firearms, Guns, video, wtf

12 Comments on “How Not To Post a Concealed Carry Video”

1. November 30, 2011 at 3:37 am #

It would be nice if you unpacked some of the safety issues around this guys video. For people like me who have been only shooting for a couple of years and are always eager to learn the information would be helpful. The most immediate issue I see is his poor safety practices (finger out of the trigger guard) and the fact that he’s imprinting really badly. I’m guessing his pseudo badge isn’t the smartest move either. Thank you for posting this.

• November 30, 2011 at 8:25 am #

You make a very good point, Erik. I’ll review the video again later this evening and further explore the concerns in this video.

For me, it’s the attitude throughout the video that really sets me off. I understand ignorance – we all must start somewhere with “knowledge transfer,” but a gross display of arrogance while ignorant is another matter.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope it’ll provide for some interesting discussion.

• November 30, 2011 at 8:31 am #

That’s the thing really: his arrogance. If you look at the comments on YouTube and his responses to them, he thinks he is perfectly safe and doing good things and totally unwilling to accept criticism and correction.

I guess the inevitable ND in his future may be the only thing that will cure him of this.

• December 1, 2011 at 8:23 am #

In the last two minutes he makes the 2nd most frequent (and IMHO highest exposure) mistake in carry: holstering with finger on the trigger. And he really doesn’t go halfway about it either. In that case, I suspect his floppy nylon holster may have saved him some ER money right there. Index index index. I think the most frequent is fanning yourself as you draw but I suspect that’s lower exposure because you’d still need to tap the trigger and losing a finger is less likely to get you into the news/morgue numbers then removing chunks of your waste and hip as your holster push shoves your finger back on the trigger (oy) Just one of many things, all IMO

2. November 30, 2011 at 3:37 am #

Some would disagree on the privilege vs. right issue.

Nevertheless, I couldn’t watch the whole video… I just skipped around and that was more than enough. That was painful. *sigh*

3. November 30, 2011 at 6:03 am #

“Give it the ‘ol spin. It’s how you gotta do it.” LOL

4. Siddhartha
    November 30, 2011 at 6:13 am #

MrSurplus blocked me from commenting and posting on his YouTube page months ago. He even went to crappy little YouTube page called me out. That “man” cannot take constructive critisism….

5. November 30, 2011 at 10:25 am #

I think we need to get Robb Allen to go have a word with d00d…

6. December 1, 2011 at 8:14 am #

There are so many… people, like this. If they’re out in public (as you tube) I try not to argue with them. I’ll use them as an opportunity to mention the benefits of basic, low cost training with NRA though; 140 years yadda, 50,000 certified instructors blah, find courses here http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx etc. But, since I gave up caring whether the particular rant poster themselves can think and started focusing on “ranter as marketing op” my blood pressure has improved greatly. Try it 🙂
    PS No I don’t think you are ranting

7. December 14, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Videos like this prove that you don’t have to be smart to carry a gun. If we do not want our ability to carry taken away (whether you call it a “right” or a “privilege”) then as responsible concealed carry license holders we can help educate new gun owners and point them towards good safety training.

8. scooter
    September 6, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

what a cunt this douche is !

9. Jason
    June 1, 2013 at 3:06 am #

Someone please right a letter to his state and ask them to revoke his CCW Please before he shoots him self or some one else.