Misc. Weekend Stuff

Was going to go rock climbing at Granite Arches, but ended up having to wait for now.  Someone got sick.  That’s been going around quite a bit.

Ordered a GLOCK Warren Tactical Sight Set. Proceeded to beat the crap out of it with a brass punch to drift it to the center.

What was supposed to a be a quick project turned into multiple trips to the hardware store.  It must be a law in which one is unable to make ONE trip to the hardware store for any given project.  I replaced the toilet fill valve in one of the toilets; it’s pretty simple.  The water supply line; however, was an unexpected fix.  Moving it aside, the corrugated water line broke.  But it’s done and won’t have to worry about it for another 5 years or so.  Sort of wish I had replaced the tank gasket

Then I experimented with paraffin wax and petroleum jelly jute twine fire starters.  The wax soaked twine is less messy in use, but requires a little more effort than coating twine with petroleum.  Just remember wax is very flammable…

Tags: , ,

6 Comments on “Misc. Weekend Stuff”

1. 18Echo
    April 4, 2011 at 7:50 am #

The first rule of plumbing is that all projects, no matter how seemingly trivial, have the potential to end at the street and involve a backhoe.

I was messing with sights this weekend too. I have a P500 tool (that I love) and still managed to break things going to a tritium front sight on my M&P 9. It’s down until I get a new pusher screw.. I hate/love messing with sights.

• April 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

That’s a scary thought. Glad it didn’t come to that.

It was uneventful installing the sights. I was more concerned with ruining my brass punch. lol.

Awesome that P500 helped you out! I’ll have to check them out myself.

2. 18Echo
    April 4, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Should have mentioned that my email to bjmachine (the people that make the P500 sight adjustment tool) was answered. They REFUSED to let my pay for the parts even though my email made it clear that it was absolutely my fault that it was broken, not some defect in their tool.

Gotta love it when a company treats it’s customers this well.. You can be sure they will get my best recommendation

3. April 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

When he replaced the sights on the Sig the ex-SWAT dude used a hand-powered pusher-tool, and it was still with some great effort and a slight brush of the file. Apparently they stick them on at the factory now with a 1,000lb press and don’t expect people to DIY.

• April 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

1000lbs of nonsense. hahaha.

4. June 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

Great stuff fun weekend huh? lol