SHOT Show media pass…

I has it!

Tags: , , , ,

7 Comments on “SHOT Show media pass…”

1. December 12, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

Was wondering about the “real name” vs. “internet name” on the badge. David Whitewolf it shall be! (Assuming Bill gives me the okay when he returns to the office Monday. Obviously I’m a bit late.)

2. December 12, 2009 at 2:13 pm #

I actually have my real name on the badge. I just photoshop’d it to exclude the last name.

3. December 13, 2009 at 10:08 am #

Oh, you kids and your electronic machines!

4. December 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

Waah. I got my registration confirming my media badge has been approved, but I have to print out the email and bring it to the press room to pick up the badge.

I note that “Broadcast badges must be claimed at the SHOT Show press room…. NSSF requires that a Video and TV Agreement Form outlining the scope of coverage at the show be signed by the video team leader before Broadcast badges can be released.”

Now, you and I have Internet badges — but do you suppose we can record short video segments on phones or digicams for internet posting? We’re not BROADCASTING them….

• December 16, 2009 at 9:18 pm #

The way I interpret it, there is more concern for video/sound coverage to be edited in a fashion not favorable to the show.

According to the website, approval is granted at the discretion of the Press Room manager for those who possess a broadcast badge. I don’t know who the manager is, but Bill Brassard is the Director of Communications. You may want to ask him for details and how tight they run their classifications.

I’m not certain if the same media classifications were placed last year. Milspec Monkey provided a video series for Magpul Dynamics at SHOT Show 2009. He’s more known for his videos, so a Broadcast badge is more likely anyway. In this case, it’s the difference between a blog and vlog.

I would argue that Internet posting is a form of broadcasting.

5. December 17, 2009 at 10:11 pm #

Yeah, I would suspect that most folks would consider video reporting, whether broadcast over the ‘net or the airwaves, to be two sides of the same coin.

Not really relevant to me as I don’t have a video-capable camera of any kind — but you do!

On another note, what did you sign up for on Monday? I’m signed up for the multi-vendor Media Day thing, but haven’t quite figured out which of the other two (Remington et al vs. Smith & Wesson, IIRC?) to do.

• Derek
      December 17, 2009 at 11:31 pm #

I signed up for Bass Pro’s Media day.

I wouldn’t consider myself as “working press,” so I decided to not even try this year. I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Besides, I think I’ll be quite happy with Bass Pro’s media day. They’ve already got 46 vendors. I’ll be there all day anyway.