Nevada non-resident CCW class for GBR-V

Mr. Completely (Why is his blog noted as “removed”?) and I discussed the possibility of a Nevada CCW course for next year’s Gun Blogger Rendezvous.  After completing my CCW course with Armed and Safe in Reno, NV, I asked Allan and Kelly Main regarding their availability.  They stated that they would be happy to arrange a class for next year’s GBR since they’re relatively local.

I’m not certain what the demand is for a Nevada CCW, but I’m curious how many would be interested.  Since you must attend the class in Nevada AND apply through sheriff department, it would work well with one of our weekday shoots to show “proficiency” through live fire at the Washoe County range.

The application cost was $100.25.  At the sheriff’s office, they just took my picture and fingerprinted me – a quick office visit.  I should receive mine in about 60-120 days.  Just throwing it out there.

Tags: , ,

9 Comments on “Nevada non-resident CCW class for GBR-V”

1. September 16, 2009 at 7:22 am #

That would be cool.
    Also cool, and possibly of more utility (i.e., accepted in more states) would be a Utah CCW class–it does not have to be conducted in Utah, but it does have to be by a Utah-certified instructor.

2. September 16, 2009 at 7:32 am #

They can actually sign off your Utah/Florida CCW and they are open to it. =)

3. September 16, 2009 at 10:48 am #

You know I’m on for it.

4. September 16, 2009 at 3:04 pm #

This sounds like a good deal. Especially since I often travel to Vegas and Laughlin.

5. September 16, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

Add me as another vote. If my wife comes, she’ll also take the class.

6. September 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm #

Totally into it. I think it would be a highlight opportunity for a GBR.

7. September 16, 2009 at 9:26 pm #

If I can make it to next year’s GBR, count me in.

1. Random Nuclear Strikes » What say ye? - September 16, 2009

[…] his extended stay in the Reno area, Derek took advantage of the Nevada Non-Resident CCW course offered by the folks at Armed and […]

2. LMS Defense at GBR-V? « - September 16, 2009

[…] Mark III 22/45U.S. Survival Rifle – Henry Repeating ArmsWinchester 69 – .22 LR Bolt ActionNevada non-resident CCW class for GBR-VKimber .22LR 1911 ConversionColt Peacemaker Buntline 7 1/2"US Survival From Henry Repeating Arms – […]