Who can guess…

… what I’m doing now?

IMG_0550

A little early for Independence Day lighting.

Tags: ,

10 Comments on “Who can guess…”

1. June 26, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

Baking a cake?

2. June 26, 2009 at 7:13 pm #

Yes! A Russian cake with surplus candles.

3. Jim
    June 26, 2009 at 7:38 pm #

hopefully de-banning a saiga to accept factory high cap magazines.

4. June 26, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

High-capacity, huh? I know nothing of such debauchery. I only know normal capacity magazines and magazines with limited capacity 😉

5. June 27, 2009 at 12:57 am #

Let me know when you do the bullet guide- I gotta do one on mine but I’ve been putting it off.

6. June 30, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

A Saiga? with a BB? My buddy John needs to know how to do that – or improve the trigger or something.

7. June 30, 2009 at 8:55 pm #

A Saiga – yes. Hopefully, I’ll have it complete by September during our show and tell.

No bullet button. I’m maintaining the configuration without the pistol grip.

The trigger appears simple to modify/replace. Just a little stoning here and there. I have Tapco parts on order to address those pesky 922(r) issues, however.

8. June 30, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

What a coincidence! I was just talking with an old friend last night who wanted to go shooting – zero-in a couple rifles he’s never shot – and one was a Saiga with the pistol grip removed and some funky trigger he wasn’t so sure about because it was moved back to accommodate the reach required by the pistol-gripless stock. Does that sound about right?

9. June 30, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

The Saigas imported into the US already have it configured as a “sporting” rifle – or otherwise without the pistol grip.

So if I’m understanding it correctly, he took a Saiga that was already configured with a pistol grip, but moved everything back?

10. June 30, 2009 at 10:43 pm #

I was attempting to repeat his description of the Saga, with it’s mandated stock and all that, so his sounds like yours — but you’re doing something about fixin’ the trigger?