F’ing Delicious…

When David and I arrived at Firebase Blue a few weeks ago, Phil from RNS surprised me with a Lambic beer.  It was originally thought that he had some Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic laying around since everyone, but me, despises that brew.  I don’t exactly recall what really happened to that stash, but Phil went out of his way to find me a Lindman’s Cassis Lambic with black currants.

Beer bottles

I took it home to wait for a good time to drink it.  Today seemed to be an appropriate day since I just got back from San Diego.  This stuff must taste good since it had a quark in it.

What a fantastic aroma!  I wish I had drank this with a meal instead, but it was just terrific alone. From their website:

“Deep reddish-purple color with exceptional aroma, flavor, and complexity. Fuller bodied and soft, while still being refreshing and crisp.”

Fantastically delicious!  Thank you Phil!

Tags:

Categories: Uncategorized

12 Comments on “F’ing Delicious…”

1. May 11, 2009 at 5:21 am #

Interesting – I’ve never heard of, nor seen, that label.

Is it regional to the Northwest?

Sounds tasty.

2. May 11, 2009 at 5:29 am #

Hey Aaron! I’m glad you found your way here!

It’s an imported beer from Belgium. I’m going to check out my local BevMo to see if they sell it… I can only hope so. I didn’t get very much of it and I want more!

3. May 12, 2009 at 10:36 am #

You’re very welcome, Derek. I’m glad you enjoyed it and here’s hoping you can get it locally. They look to have an apple lambic that I think will go well with that pear-stuffed chicken.

A couple friends of mine have had luck with the local Kragen stores (ours are called Top Foods) in getting the odd-ball stuff onto the shelves. If your BevMo can’t get it done, try them.

4. May 12, 2009 at 10:41 am #

Good morning Phil,

I actually went to BevMo this evening on my way home from work. They have it! They only have the smaller bottles, but I took home one of each! I think it was the apple, black cherry, and a peach. I had the red cherry one this evening. VERY good.

I’m still sorting out time for that pear stuffed chicken.

Thanks again!

5. Charles
    May 15, 2009 at 8:46 pm #

let me hit up that lambic though.

6. May 15, 2009 at 9:27 pm #

I bought several bottles on several occations. Bevmo already knows my name.

7. Lotus000
    May 18, 2009 at 2:58 pm #

Derek…have you ever tried Delirium Tremens? Might like it.

• May 18, 2009 at 10:14 pm #

I’ll give that a try; though I laughing pretty hard at the name of the beer.

Have you seen the new Star Trek movie? I’m not much of a Trekkie (though my father is), but I liked it.

• May 18, 2009 at 10:14 pm #

I’ll give that a try; though I was laughing pretty hard at the name of the beer.

8. May 28, 2009 at 11:18 am #

Note that all lambics are NOT the same. These Lindemans stand alone and are simply amazing. I adore their raspberry. The peach is good too, as is the black current, as you learned.

A lot of people scoff at the notion of fruit beer because most fruit beers aren’t that great (the original Celis Raspberry was a noteable exception). But these particular lambics from Lindemans are simply awesome, if you can find them.

And if you can find Delirium Tremens well… just note they have pink elephants on the bottle for a reason. Good stuff.

• May 29, 2009 at 5:57 am #

Hsoi,

Thanks for stopping by!

Lindemans is definitely something. I tasted all the flavors they’ve had at my local BevMo and they’re all great. The raspberry and blackcurrant are my favorite, however.

I did manage to find Delirium Tremens. Very potent with a fruity aroma. Not a fruity tasting beer, but it’s a good ale. I also tried the Chimay Ale. That wasn’t bad either. The creamy texture/flavor of the head with a unique surprise.

• May 29, 2009 at 11:04 am #

Yes, the raspberry is my favorite. If it wasn’t so expensive, I could drink it and nothing else. Just fantastic.

Cool that you found the Delirium Tremens. You should also look for its “sister”, Delirium Nocturnum.

Chimay is great stuff too. Very strong but quite good.

Belgian beers are awesome.