Mark LaRue’s First Calguns.net Post

Mark’s first post at www.Calguns.net.

From here on out, we will be sending $1,000.00 per month / $12.000.00 annually, until the cows come home. This $12,000 check covers all of 2009. We know every organization has to have phones, water, electricity … we hope this will help cover a small portion of those monthly costs.

“The check’s in the mail.”

M. LaRue
www.LaRue.com

ETA – I posted this in Centerfire Rifles, ’cause that’s what we do.

calgunsfoundation

Tags: , ,

13 Comments on “Mark LaRue’s First Calguns.net Post”

1. May 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm #

Nice.

2. R
    May 5, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

This will be a welcome partnership between Calguns, LT and CA gun owners…

3. Jim
    May 5, 2009 at 6:05 pm #

While it is very nice and Im very proud of a fellow Texan what good is it going to do? Kali gun rights are set in stone and if you really think that any gun rights organization is going to make inroads well keep it up.

I love LaRue products and I think the guy is spot on since this will give him major market share.

JIm

4. R
    May 5, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

Jim, you must not be aware of the progress and headway Calguns is providing and I’m not going to bother educating you, but you should really see what is going on before making that comment.

5. May 5, 2009 at 7:37 pm #

Hey Jim,

While I understand the free country wishes Kaliforniastan to break off into the ocean and sink as a result of poor leadership elected by the people, it would be prudent to excuse the progress that has been made here in California. Believe it or not, it affects the rest of the country.

What good is a donation from LaRue going to do for us – for you? I’ll be happy to answer that question.

Once upon a time in Kaliforniastan, evil black rifles were only in the hands of a selected few, concealed carry “permits” were denied illegally and many were limited to a hand full of pistols available on a list that deemed them “safe.”

I would approximate that in 2005 of August; all of that changed. This change didn’t occur through violence, or disobedience. We followed the law by understanding the law. That’s what’s uplifting about our progress – we used the system, one that many believe is broken beyond repair, to build a legal offensive that enabled the entire country to benefit from Nordyke v. King.

The significance of Nordyke v King is that the 2nd Amendment is now incorporated against the states, giving District of Columbia v. Heller some teeth to bat away at the rest of the free country’s silly gun-control laws.

The Calguns foundation is smart and LaRue recognizes that. By working on issues that have legal strength, our chances of succeeding are greater. By winning or losing, we set precedence. After listening to Alan Gura speak, the attorney who argued on our side in District of Columbia v. Heller, his concerns are gun owners themselves. We have a habit of stepping on our own feet and sabotaging our progress. The CA ban on lead in Condor safe havens was the result of “gun owner” organizations shooting themselves in the foot! Hardly any effort by the gun grabbers.

With the Calguns Foundation established, we have identified our issues and have focused our attention to that success. That is the strategy that will win us back our rights – for all of us. Jim. We will certainly keep the fight going.

6. R
    May 5, 2009 at 8:25 pm #

Excellent response Derek, here’s another thread in the 2A area of the forum:

7. Jim
    May 6, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

Hey guys I used to live in CA and I lobbied for more gun rights. Hell I even had a meeting with Don Perata in his Oakland office. I truly hope that it will get better but as a realist I say that the outlook is grim. I equate it those that think the Federal reserve will be abolished.
    I have one question what is your goal for gun rights in CA?
    CCW
    AW ban lifted
    waiting period abolished???
    Equal treatment under the law for dealers and owners?

I found all of those by moving across the border.

I spent quite a bit of time and money supporting gun rights in CA nothing like ML but hey I was a starving student.

The reality is that with the 10th largest economy in the world with equal size bureaucracy that change is going to be slow. I do not see any group even the NRA having an effect on this.
    The only way I see a change is if the SCOTUS rules down damn near all the gun laws in the USC.

Once again I extend my offer to any of you kali folks who come to Reno to come and shoot any of my CA banned guns NFA weapons and all.

Derek are you going to be at the GBR this year? I have another FA in transfer to me this one a 9mm subgun.

To all of those who feel venom for me since I see it unlikely that the gun laws will change in Kali, well prove me wrong not with wishful thinking about the future but have a law changed.
    Jim

8. R
    May 6, 2009 at 7:37 pm #

You’re living on outdated info Jim… Maybe Derek will feel like correcting you.

9. Jim
    May 6, 2009 at 8:21 pm #

R
    Outdated not hardly.
    Can you in cali?:
    Get a CCW statewide (as in shall issue state)
    Simply buy a (cali state IDd) assualt weapon
    walk out of a gun store with a new firearm the day of purchase
    purchase or even register all NFA weapons Suppresors, SBS, AOW, SBR, Machine guns.(without having to be permitted by the state)
    Assemble a title 1 AR style rifle with a detachable magazine with a standard mag catch and a pistol grip.
    Walk into a sporting goods store and buy standard capacity magazines of 10 rounds or more.

When you can, get back to me.
    I can do all of these thing here in NV

I truly pray for the day all of these things can happen in cali so I can build a home a on plot of land I own way up north.

I pray for the gun laws to be removed and recognized as truly vile as they are. Hell I still give CRPA money every other year.

I commend all efforts to remove these laws but I am simply stating if it does happen it will happen in my daughter lifetime not mine.
    Jim

10. R
    May 6, 2009 at 9:38 pm #

Jim, read this thread from today…

If you want to be pessimistic regarding the RKBA progress moving forward that’s fine, this is just not the place to do it. It takes baby steps and may never be like Nevada which I’m well aware of since I have access to everything but a minigun so far but that does not mean that it won’t get better any time soon.

11. May 6, 2009 at 11:38 pm #

I will certainly be at the GBR this year. I’ll have to have another go with an NFA. I need my fix. =)

Though your perspective is semi-realist, the NRA or any other organization will progress, albeit slow. I think our optimism is a healthy one; we realize that there is a lot of work ahead.

Currently what’s under the works is the abolishment of the handgun safety list. Thereafter should be the assault weapons ban since it’s banned via category. That’s our immediate goal, and what our concentration appears to be focused on.

I know you’re with us in spirit, Jim. No feeling or thoughts of venom from my perspective. The US Constitution is a birthright to us all. Some of our glasses happen to be half full at the moment =)

12. May 6, 2009 at 11:45 pm #

R, I welcome all feed back. It forces me to re-evaluate my perspective or otherwise boast my confidence that my frame of thought is accurate.

I’m not alone when I say I would move out of the state. More freedom in general – not just firearm rights. If I felt I couldn’t build life’s stepping stones here, I would have been out of here.

For now, the fight here is in California. I’ll make the best of it.

1. Mark LaRue donates another $12,000 to the CGF. « - November 19, 2009

[…] } On top of the $12,000 he already donated, Mark went ahead and donated another $12,000 to the Calguns Foundation for 2010.  Thank you Mr. […]