Noveske pulled through…

Pure awesomeness…  Poor credit card…

img_3590

img_3591

Tags: ,

15 Comments on “Noveske pulled through…”

1. R
    January 28, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Well it will be back to Sac Valley soon I see…

2. January 28, 2009 at 11:00 pm #

I’m am jealous of both your new toy, and the fact that you probably didn’t get 8 inches of snow since midnight last night. (and its still coming down)

3. January 28, 2009 at 11:05 pm #

At least you’re receiving some form of water over there. We’re drying up over here.

But yeah… you should be jealous =P.

How’s that Colt working out for you? So far so good I understand?

4. January 29, 2009 at 1:35 am #

I like that little thing! shoots well, and the fixed sights are pretty well regulated. the action really seems to be slicking up after a good cleaning and some good shooting. I’m still torn on refinishing it- I am leaning towards no- mainly because I’m a cheap basta*d and also I just don’t like to wipe away history.

I haven’t really been playing around with the loading on it- 158gr LSWC with a stout charge of unique that is barely into the +p range.

Next up will be a 2 crimp grove RNFP 160gr bullet I got a custom mold for a while ago. Another nice thing is the Official Police works well with the same speedloaders that work in my security six.

I would like to put a larger grip on it- but i’m in no rush as far as that is concerned.

you been shooting the Taurus snubby much?

5. January 29, 2009 at 1:48 am #

That’s good to hear that you’re enjoying it. But I share your sentiments – be the cheap bastard and not get it refinished. Wear adds character. I ought to take a photograph of my 1911 of the bluing being worn off. At one point, I did think about it, but I’m starting to like the look.

I haven’t been reloading as much as I should. Any good sources for cheap .30 cal bullets? It’s mainly for close range practice with the M1A.

The last time i shot the Taurus was probably about a month ago… so it’s been awhile. I ended up taking some material off the grips on the left side to make room for the speedloader. Apparently, this also helps with the extraction of shells too. I’ve been meaning to bob the hammer too – but I’m waiting on a few other projects instead.

6. January 29, 2009 at 6:09 pm #

Nice job!! With the standard-style handguards at least you won’t be too tempted to hang a lot of junk off it, like I did!

7. January 31, 2009 at 5:54 am #

gotta be honest- your a bit late to get on good surplus component deals- but I have had nothing but great luck from Hi-tech

they list as out of stuff now- but give em a call. ya never know. A lot of panic buying is still going on so maybe you could get on the list for the next batch to come in.

I had some 110 carbine pull downs I set into a while back (before the CMP released the carbines) that I traded straight up for my RCBS LAM II- it was nice to get those while the getting was good.

if your doing the close range stuff- the frangible pulls might work for you.

don’t forget to check with jeff bartlett at GI Brass too.

I have some 30 cal molds set up now- I don’t have any semi-auto 30 cal rifles besides the SKS and the Saiga- but I know guys who run M1As on lead with no issues. If I cook something up that works (as far as lube and heat treat goes) I’ll send you a bunch.

I feel guilty admitting it- but I would trade my Saiga today with 4 ak 30 rounders straight up for a good condition blued and walnut mini 30 with some functional 20 round mags.

not that the saiga isn’t a good gun- it is, I guess I just feel like I could use a mini 30 for more. think thats a fair trade?

8. January 31, 2009 at 11:07 pm #

hmm I wrote a long reply and I think it got eaten.

long story short try gibrass and hitech ammo for the 30 cal components- they both are sold out right now but maybe you can get on a list.

I kinda want that new charter arms revolver in 40sw. seems like a fun little shooter.

• February 1, 2009 at 5:20 am #

LOL.. Sorry. I just haven’t approved comment yet. Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely check ’em out.

9. February 1, 2009 at 8:00 pm #

my bad! sorry for the double tap! in other news- I just caved on a S&W Model 10.

• February 2, 2009 at 10:19 pm #

Is it a dash model?

10. February 3, 2009 at 12:56 am #

not sure- won’t know till I get it in. I’m guessing older police trade in, so maybe no dash or ‘low dash’

11. February 4, 2009 at 12:48 am #

Those Mod 10s are pretty cool. What size barrel?

12. February 4, 2009 at 3:57 am #

4inch pencil with pachmayers (I definitely butchered the spelling on that)

I wanted to compliment the official police- how better than with its main competition?

13. February 5, 2009 at 3:53 am #

My DoubleStar stripped lower is getting lonely, but I just blew out the rest of my funds on an overpriced Socom II, so no upper for me ’til next year, I think. I will be very interested to examine yours at Boomershoot!