C’mon… Really?

Wed Jul 2, 7:50 PM ET

In this photo released by the official Xinhua news agency, members of China’s armed police demonstrate a rapid deployment during an anti-terrorist drill held in Jinan, east China, on Wednesday July 2, 2008, roughly one month ahead of the Beijing Olympic Games.
(AP Photo/Xinhua/Fan Changguo)

Maybe I’m a skeptic, but that seems awfully unnecessary.

Tags: ,

Categories: Funny

5 Comments on “C’mon… Really?”

1. July 6, 2008 at 1:43 pm #

Not such a bad experiment. They can advance very quickly – running speed – but have a stable and level platform to shoot from.

2. July 6, 2008 at 9:33 pm #

If it were a flat area with no obstacles to be concerned of, then yes I can see the advantage. I can see the advantage of using this technology for surveillance or patrol, but necessarily for rapid deployment during an active attack.

Then again, I’m not the one carrying 30lbs worth of equipment. So perhaps I am a little quick on the skepticism.

3. July 7, 2008 at 3:36 am #

‘if only there were a flight of stair to stop this massive blitzkreig of advancing segways!’

I’m sorry at least stick a ballistic shield on the front of them or something. . .

4. July 7, 2008 at 12:00 pm #

Where were these made?
    Where these made in the US and shipped to china or did they just buy one and copy it and make their own? Patent infringement?
    Possible export of restricted technology???

5. July 7, 2008 at 7:53 pm #

I wouldn’t be surprised if China reverse engineered these Segways. Neither would I be surprised if Segway Inc. has a contract with government agencies around the world. So who knows what’s really going on.

BTW, I see that you’re the webmaster at OCshooters. Your site was the VERY first link I clicked on to learn what I was getting myself into before I bought my first gun, “Buying your first gun and learning how to shoot it.” It has a LOT of information in one area and that helped me quite a bit. Thanks George for maintaining a great site. I’m certain many others found it very helpful =)