M6 Carry Bag

The day before finals, here’s what I decided to design and make. Please take a look at my overview if you have yet to do so.  It has everything that tactical pouches have – a divider to keep the two pieces separate, PALS webbing, Velcro, metal rings, and ranger green fabric!

M6 Scout – An Overview

M6 Scout Assembly Tip

cordura bag for the m6 scout

cordura bag for the m6 scout with maxpedition pouch

Tags: , , ,

14 Comments on “M6 Carry Bag”

1. May 21, 2008 at 7:07 pm #

That’s awesome. I really like this and a few of the other designs I’ve seen you make. Are you using a regular sewing machine, or did you have to get a special one to handle the heavier fabric?

2. May 22, 2008 at 6:10 am #

Just a regular sewing machine I think. It must be a good one however because it goes through six layers of cordura and webbing without any problem.

I intend to carry this with me when I go to Desolation Wilderness on my Kifaru Marauder backpack. Originally, I was going to carry the butt stock in the pack and the barrel section rolled away with my insulation pad. But of course, I couldn’t have that and the rest is history.

3. March 19, 2009 at 12:29 am #

A few years ago I got a “blued” CZ version of the m6 and liked it very much but I ran across something that I had to have and traded it. Big mistake! About 3 mts ago someone traded an older Springfield version in where I work and that day it came home with me! About a week latter, the guy came back in and said he had found the bag for the m6. That was a surprize! Both fo mine have been in .22/.410. I will keep this one as long as I can. Thanks.

4. Tony Parra
    March 29, 2009 at 1:39 am #

The case you made for your M6 is fantastic. Is it possible to buy one from you?

5. Kevin
    April 4, 2009 at 4:28 am #

I’m interested in how you did this exactly. Where did you get the materials, are there any online suppliers? Or if you’re up for making a few and selling them I’d be interested in one.

6. Jon
    May 14, 2010 at 10:05 pm #

How can I buy and/or make one of these bags…they’re really nice. Also any tips on putting paracord on the barrel?

• May 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

Hi Jon,

I haven’t made these for production; therefore, one for sale isn’t likely. I’ve been thinking about selling the one I have now, but that it’s likely either.

Making one of these bags just requires patience, time and a little planning. The hardest part was planning the sewing sequence so that I’d have the pockets in the right order and height.

If you look online, there are several tutorials for paracord wrapping. Mine is simple and ended it with a clove hitch – nothing fancy.

7. Randy
    September 29, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

I am also interested in purchasing one. But would request that it be made in Black. Are you interested in making any more for sale?

Thanks,
    Randy

• September 29, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

I don’t have the materials to make a black one. I have the one and only OD for sale right now.

8. Ian
    January 29, 2011 at 10:01 am #

I will gladly pay $50.00 + shipping or more for this bag in black.

9. Matt
    January 23, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

Are you making anymore m6 carry bags?

10. Bruce Simonds
    July 20, 2010 at 9:11 am #

Hi. I’m very interested in purchasing this bag for my M6 Scout. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Bruce

1. Random Nuclear Strikes » He Has Mad Skilz - June 4, 2008

[…] Remember the words from the Heinlein quote on my Survivalblog shirt? Click for bigger…. Well, sewing isn’t listed as one of the Sacred Skills by Heinlein or Jeff Cooper, but IMO it should be. Definitely useful and necessary when SHTF, if only when one needs to suture self. Look what the Packing Rat sewed up: a carry bag for his M6 Scout! […]

2. For Sale: M6 Scout Carry Bag « - June 11, 2010

[…] } The one and only carry bag in its’ existence – TPR’s M6 Scout Carry Bag.  $70 […]