US Survival – Putting it all together

I finally bought a pouch to mount on my DIY MOLLE compatible stock wrap for Henry’s version of the AR-7. It’s a Patriot Performance Materials triple M4/M16 magazine pouch. Future projects might include fitting it with a survival wallet and an cartridge container. You know. Just for fun.

Tags: ,

7 Comments on “US Survival – Putting it all together”

1. February 23, 2008 at 11:41 pm #

nice.

2. February 24, 2008 at 8:05 am #

Very nice. When do we get a contents list?

3. February 24, 2008 at 11:36 am #

I’m hoping to put together a custom wallet for the essentials that will fit inside the pouch, or through ALICE/MOLLE attachments on the left side.

Likely, it’ll be line and hook, 16 rounds of .22 Short, and this everyday key chain I’d like to put together seen at County Comm.

I’m still mulling some other stuff over. I have a tube I’d like to glue together and store .22LR ammunition. It’s either that or extra magazines.

4. February 24, 2008 at 4:37 pm #

Very cool. Countycomm has gotten a bit of my money in the past!

My experience has been those little lights don’t have very good battery life- the other little white ones they have last much longer for me.

also- just as a suggestion- In my back pocket I carry 10 ft of paracord wrapped around a business card. Before I put on the cord, I wrap the card in 4 or 5 feet of duct tape. Very handy. Then I stick 2 safety pins around the cord. Really useful.

Quick story actually. I got lost in Baxter State Park up in Maine this last fall and had to use the rope to refill my water bottle. Paid for its worth about then let me tell you!

I’m excited to hear about what you come up with!

5. January 13, 2011 at 2:32 am #

I’m buying a Henry Survival in a few weeks, and have found the info you provide very useful! Where did you get the MOLLE you’re using? I’m totally new to .22’s, and have never been in much need for MOLLE stuff anyway. But yours looks good! If you can you can answer me at the e-mail I provided. – Thanks

6. Randy
    March 30, 2011 at 1:55 am #

I’ve thought of buying my own henry’s ar-7 but would like to add a laser sight (more compact) might even fit inside the stock above the barrel and in front of the receiver – with an open side access port (well placed snap latch to hold it in place).
    Would require some fancy cutting – – but a possibility!!

1. US Survival – MOLLE Butt-Stock Platform « - February 23, 2010