The Packing Rats – Where are they now?

If my count is correct, I’ve distributed 26 Packing Rats.  If you don’t know what they are, they’re a souvenir rifle rear rest bag made out of 1000D Cordura, with 1.5″ loop on each side, filled with California Calrose rice, and equipped with a miniature GLOCK 17.  They look like these:

I know a few of you folks sent me photos of the rat’s new home.  For the folks who haven’t and follow the blog, where are they now? I know one was annihilated by an idle dog inside a car, and didn’t even bother taking photos of the mess. Anyway, if you have one, email them to me at Even better, blog about them and link it back to this post.

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Firearms, gear, Guns, Just Me

10 Comments on “The Packing Rats – Where are they now?”

1. January 26, 2012 at 5:06 am #

I still would love to get a packingrat. Let me know if you have any left. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat at the dinner; hope to see you at another, soon.

• January 26, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Howdy, Brandon!

It certainly was a pleasure to finally meet one of many who is working hard for our civil liberties in CA. There are a few left, ranger OD, or multicam. Information is in my reply to Ben.

2. January 26, 2012 at 7:19 am #

How do I acquire one of these things? THEY’RE AMAZING!

• January 26, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Howdy, Ben!

Thank you! I still have a few left. Your choice between ranger OD, and multicam. $25.00 + $5.35 for the small flat rate USPS shipping box. Paypal to

• Ben
        January 26, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Fantastic! Will send you money & shipping info shortly!

3. January 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Just put up my post “story” about my little packing rat from last year’s raffle! Too bad I can’t find him right now…

4. February 19, 2012 at 7:16 am #

Here is Bea’s Packing Rat:

• February 19, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Awesome. Thanks, TBS! I have it posted in the new page!

1. Packing Rat « Bacon, Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives - January 26, 2012

[…] asked where they are, so here’s mine; I got it from the prize table at GBR2011. Like this:LikeBe the first to like […]