The Packing Rats – Where are they now?

If my count is correct, I’ve distributed 26 Packing Rats.  If you don’t know what they are, they’re a souvenir rifle rear rest bag made out of 1000D Cordura, with 1.5″ loop on each side, filled with California Calrose rice, and equipped with a miniature GLOCK 17.  They look like these:

I know a few of you folks sent me photos of the rat’s new home.  For the folks who haven’t and follow the blog, where are they now? I know one was annihilated by an idle dog inside a car, and didn’t even bother taking photos of the mess. Anyway, if you have one, email them to me at derek@thepackingrat.net. Even better, blog about them and link it back to this post.

About these ads

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Firearms, gear, Guns, Just Me

10 Comments on “The Packing Rats – Where are they now?”

1. January 26, 2012 at 5:06 am #

I still would love to get a packingrat. Let me know if you have any left. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat at the dinner; hope to see you at another, soon.

• January 26, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Howdy, Brandon!

It certainly was a pleasure to finally meet one of many who is working hard for our civil liberties in CA. There are a few left, ranger OD, or multicam. Information is in my reply to Ben.

2. January 26, 2012 at 7:19 am #

How do I acquire one of these things? THEY’RE AMAZING!

• January 26, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Howdy, Ben!

Thank you! I still have a few left. Your choice between ranger OD, and multicam. $25.00 + $5.35 for the small flat rate USPS shipping box. Paypal to derek@thepackingrat.net.

• Ben
        January 26, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Fantastic! Will send you money & shipping info shortly!

3. January 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Just put up my post “story” about my little packing rat from last year’s raffle! Too bad I can’t find him right now…

4. February 19, 2012 at 7:16 am #

Here is Bea’s Packing Rat: http://truebluesam.blogspot.com/2012/02/hey-derek.html

• February 19, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Awesome. Thanks, TBS! I have it posted in the new page!

1. Packing Rat « Bacon, Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives - January 26, 2012

[...] asked where they are, so here’s mine; I got it from the prize table at GBR2011. Like this:LikeBe the first to like [...]