It has been said that Sacramento Sheriff John McGinness is for issuing CCWs to qualified citizen’s based on good character and clean background check. When he was elected, it was the Board of Supervisors who wished to keep CCW issuance rare. The last time he approached the Board of Supervisors asking for more money, it was reported that McGinness threatened to issue more CCW permits. He asked for 24 million last time and received his additional funding. This time he’s asking for 15 million – we’ll see if he plays that card again.
June 29, 2009 | 0 Comments
Want to try something new?
If you have never shot a firearm and would like the chance to do so in the Sacramento, CA area - feel free to contact me and we can arrange something.
Not new? Contact me to go shooting!
The Four Rules of Firearm Safety
Rule One -
All guns are always loaded.
Rule Two -
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Three -
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
Rule Four -
Be sure of your target. Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot anything you have not positively identified.
*Follow all four rules at all times and accidents will never happen.
- Winchester 69 – .22 LR Bolt Action October 6, 2007
- U.S. Survival Rifle – Henry Repeating Arms April 6, 2007
- Springfield M6 Scout – An Overview April 17, 2008
- Ruger Mark III 22/45 – A Pistol Review August 10, 2007
- US Survival From Henry Repeating Arms – Follow Up and Disassembly September 14, 2007
- Les Baer TRS – The Review May 27, 2007
- A Good Day April 6, 2008
- Scoping the Henry US Survival Rifle – Part 2 January 17, 2008
- Colt Peacemaker Buntline 7 1/2″ August 22, 2007
- SHOT Show 2010 – Opening Day January 19, 2010
- Art of Escape – San Francisco, AAR September 11, 2014
- Consider Reassessing your Training Paradigm September 10, 2014
- Building a chicken coop. September 8, 2014
- Ruger SR22 Pistol Magazine Disconnect Modification May 19, 2013
- Grizzly Targets May 18, 2013
- Quick note on ear pro preference April 6, 2013
- Some thoughts on pocket carry. March 29, 2013
- A post to keep you in the loop. March 17, 2013
- Garage Door Opener Install February 28, 2013
- This post was authored at another bar, in a different city. February 11, 2013
- hsoi: That sounds like a good plan - gradual shift. Jump...
- Derek: Awesome! I'll have to shoot him an email for a st...
- Derek: I wouldn't call it an all stop on strength work. ...
- Davidwhitewolf: You may find this of interest. Hit Phil up with yo...
- hsoi: I had a right idea about something? There's a firs...
- Consider Reassessing your Training Paradigm | The Packing Rat: […] paying attention to Hsoi’s fitness...
- Stevenhunt: Nice video and must watch for all. Nightforce beas...
- JD: Great gallery. Thanks for posting it. ...
- Jason: Someone please right a letter to his state and ask...
- Derek: I think that just means you didn't see the eyes an...