It has been said that Sacramento Sheriff John McGinness is for issuing CCWs to qualified citizen’s based on good character and clean background check. When he was elected, it was the Board of Supervisors who wished to keep CCW issuance rare. The last time he approached the Board of Supervisors asking for more money, it was reported that McGinness threatened to issue more CCW permits. He asked for 24 million last time and received his additional funding. This time he’s asking for 15 million – we’ll see if he plays that card again.
June 29, 2009 | 0 Comments
Want to try something new?
If you have never shot a firearm and would like the chance to do so in the Sacramento, CA area - feel free to contact me and we can arrange something.
Not new? Contact me to go shooting!
The Four Rules of Firearm Safety
Rule One -
All guns are always loaded.
Rule Two -
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Three -
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
Rule Four -
Be sure of your target. Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot anything you have not positively identified.
*Follow all four rules at all times and accidents will never happen.
- Winchester 69 – .22 LR Bolt Action October 6, 2007
- U.S. Survival Rifle – Henry Repeating Arms April 6, 2007
- Springfield M6 Scout – An Overview April 17, 2008
- Ruger Mark III 22/45 – A Pistol Review August 10, 2007
- US Survival From Henry Repeating Arms – Follow Up and Disassembly September 14, 2007
- Les Baer TRS – The Review May 27, 2007
- A Good Day April 6, 2008
- Scoping the Henry US Survival Rifle – Part 2 January 17, 2008
- Colt Peacemaker Buntline 7 1/2″ August 22, 2007
- SHOT Show 2010 – Opening Day January 19, 2010
- A Look at the Cloak Tuck 2.0 from Alien Gear Holsters March 16, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 – Overall January 25, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 Coverage January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show Every Year January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show Industry Day 2015 January 19, 2015
- SHOT Show 2015 Preparation January 13, 2015
- Tools at the Ready January 10, 2015
- 2014-2015 EDC Set-up January 6, 2015
- Extreme Close Quarters Concepts 2014, Re: Reflecting on Progress November 23, 2014
- “This is for fighting. This is for fun.” November 9, 2014
- Derek: It's 2015 and I stand by that SOE is an outstandin...
- Lynda Nelson army brat: The equipment might be good, however it's not easy...
- Summer Pocket Carry: […] organizer: 2014-2015 EDC Set-up | The P...
- Jordan: Great list of tools people should have on them - a...
- Brian: Sounds like the kind of holster you'd need to try ...
- Brandon: Good review brother. I appreciated how you acknowl...
- Derek: Pics or it didn't happen. Take with you on your n...
- A Look at the Cloak Tuck 2.0 from Alien Gear Holsters | The Packing Rat: […] a more favorable position for me. Furthe...
- A Look at the Cloak Tuck 2.0 from Alien Gear Holsters | The Packing Rat: […] not working in a NPE, I’m happily carr...
- A Look at the Cloak Tuck 2.0 from Alien Gear Holsters | The Packing Rat: […] because it didn’t work as advertised &...